If you want to keep all your accounts secured, then it is important that you keep on changing the password at a regular interval. Don’t rely on your antivirus to keep you protected because new and improved viruses are always on the roll.
Your antivirus might not be strong enough to defend these types of viruses, leaving your system and all the data stored there vulnerable to the attacks. Moreover the hackers are also so active these days that nobody is out of their range any more. So, you must make use of any strong password that will keep all your accounts protected.
Whether it is cPanel or some other account, it is important that you keep on changing the password at a regular interval. Moreover, you must also keep certain things in mind while changing the password. They must be long enough and also include both numbers and alphabets. If the system allows, then you can also make use of special characters too, just to make it strong enough.
The more complicated the password is, the better it is for you, but if you feel that you might forget the password, then you can write it down in a safe place, so that you can easily access it whenever required. The password is provided, so that you can keep the important data and information secured, but if you want to enhance the security, then you must change it regularly.
Steps involved in changing the cPanel password
Now that you have decided you want to change the password of your cPanel, let’s head straight to the tutorial. Here we have discussed the steps involved in changing the cPanel password, just go through it and make the necessary changes.
- Login to cPanel first
- Then scroll down to the option of ‘Preferences’
- Now, in there you will get the option “Change Password”
- When you click on the option of Change password you will be provided with a window where you will have to fill up several information
- The first box requires you to enter the old password and then enter the new password as per your preference
- There is a box just below the new password box, which will show you whether the password is weak or strong
- If you find that the password that you have provided is weak, then you can create one on the “Password Generator” and it will come up with a strong password
- If you want, you can use the password generated by the system or you can change your password and make it strong enough
- Now click on the button that says ‘Change Password’ and you will be done with the changing of password
It is advisable that you note down the password that has been generated by the system because they are hard to remember.