Through cPanel you will be upload a single file, but if you want to upload files in a bulk amount, then you need to use FTP client. You have designed a website, but if your website doesn’t have any content, then what is the use of that website.
In order to make your website visible you will have to upload files. Though the easiest way of uploading the files is through an FTP client or the file manager, but if you are trying to use cPanel to upload your single file, then you can do that too. In order to design your website you will have to make use of images and contents that are relevant to your website.
This way you will be able to pull in a huge number of visitors and the reason behind the creation of website will be successful
Step by step tutorial of uploading files using cPanel
Uploading files can be an easy task if you know how to do it correctly, else you might end up wasting the whole day without uploading a single file.
This way your website will get delayed and you definitely do not want this to happen, so you will have to follow the procedure that is explained below and start with the uploading of the files using cPanel.
- In order to get things going, start by logging into cPanel
- Now scroll down to the ‘Files’ Section where you will find the icon of ‘File Manager’ (it is the third option on the row)
- You will now get a new window, which says ‘File Manager Directory Selection’
- This is the window from where you can select the directory where you can upload the files, so in here you will have to select the option of ‘Web Root (public_html/www)’
- In order to upload all the files to the website of yours, you will have to make use of this option and in case you are about to access any kind of hidden files, then you will have to make sure that you check the small box below where it says ‘Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)’
- Now click on the ‘Go’ button
- After you complete this action, you will be presented with the File Manager from where you can easily upload all the files you want by making use of the ‘Upload’ button that is placed on the top
- With the help of this you will be able to delete the files that are no more required, create a new folder or even change permissions, if required. There are several other functions that you can accomplish through this.
Earlier the file size was a bit of a challenge, but now the users will be able to upload more than 500 GB without any major hitches. Though the size limit of the file is no longer an issue, still it is recommended that you make use of an FTP client while uploading larger files.